1. Name: Arjun Narasingha K.C.
2. Present Designation:
Elected Member of Central Working
Committee, Nepali Congress (NC).
3. Academic Qualification:
Masters of Arts (M.A.), Political Science: 1970 Tribhuvan University,
Bachelor of Law: 1972 Tribhuvan University,
Study & Expose Fletcher School of Diplomacy -- Study & international Relation & Foreign Policy decision making Process in United States for a month – 1982
Language Proficiency Nepali, English and Hindi; Sanskrit (self study).
4. Present Address Gongabu, Ring road, Kathmandu
Fax: 4353270, Cell: 98510-32405
Personal Web Page-www.arjunnarasinghakc.com
Office Address Nepali Congress Central Office
Sanepa, B.P.Smriti Bhawan
B.P.Nagar, Lalitpur, Nepal
5. Personal Profile:
Date of Birth: Sept. 27, 1947
Place of Birth: Rautbesi VDC, Nuwakot, Nepal
Father's Name: Bhagawan Singha K.C (late).
Mother's Name: Yashodha Devi K.C(late).
Marital Status: Married
Spouse Name: Pratima K.C.
Children: 5 (4 daughters,1 son)
Ethnic group: Kshatriya
Mother tongue: Nepali
Language Proficiency : Hindi, English
Hobby / Interest: Reading the books
Being in nature
Motto in life: To serve Nepal and Nepalese People
6.Entry in Public life and Activities:
From the High school life, actively involved in Students & Youth activities. Associated with different Youth & Students Organization since 1960 onwards. Activist of Student & Youth Movement for Democracy in the autocratic era, as it was banned activity against the then King’s despotic rule so it was a part of Democratic movement
Association with Students Union and Activities :
· General Secretary, Shanti Vidhya Griha High School, 1961-1963
· Executive Member of Kathmandu valley Student’s Union 1964
· Founder Chairman, West No. 1 ( Paschhim 1 number Chhatra Samiti )Students Committee,
· Vice Chairperson and Chairperson of National (Now named as 'Shankar Dev Campus')
College Union 1964-67.
· Chairperson, Association of Political Science, Tribhuvan University, 1969-70
· General Secretary, Students Union, Tribhuvan University, 1969-1970
· Founder Member & Coordinator of ( Nepal Biddhyarthi Sang Sammelan Tayari Samiti in T.U ), Nepal Students' Union, 1970-1971
7. Work Experience:
i. Visited almost 71 districts of Nepal, for various local Political & social interaction programs, development initiatives and events, meeting the Nepali people, raising awareness campaigns, listening to people’s grievances, providing access to the party and the local & central level offices of Nepal Government.
ii. Active Representative of the Nepali Congress in chalking out and framing the Interim Constitution before the Constituent Assembly Election, 2008
iii. Coordinator and Spokesperson on behalf of Nepali Congress in Seven Party Alliance for the restoration of Democracy( Jana Andolan )against the Monarchy in 2000-2003
iv. Chairperson & Kathmandu Valley Coordinator of Nepali Congress in 2002-2003 People’s Movement ( Jana Andolan)
8.Held following Position in Nepali Congress:
i. Joint General Secretary and Spokesperson of Central Working Committee (2005-2010).
ii. Member of Mahasamiti and Maha Adhibeshan (NC).
iii. Chief, International Relation Department, Nepali Congress (1999)
iv. Chief, Department of Professional and Intellectual, Nepali Congress (1999)
v. Chief, Publicity Department & worked as a chief in various departments
vi. Central Member – Democratic Socialist Youth League Convened by N.C. in Varanasi – in1973 under the Chairmanship of late Shailaja Acharya,at that time when all Political Parties Were banned in Nepal
vii. Elected executive member – Nepali Congress Parliamentary Party, 1994-98
viii. Representative (arbitrator) from Nepali Congress for 10 points agreement between Nepali Congress and Communist Party of Nepal(UML) in Parliment-1991
ix. Chairman Parliamentary Regulation Drafting Committee, House of Representatives, 1996-1997
x. Member of central committee Nepali congress since 14 years
9. Held following position with the Government of Nepal:
i. Minister for Education (1998-99)
ii. Minister for Health
iii. Minister for Housing and Physical Planning (1998)
iv. Elected Member of Parliament (2 times since 1990)
v. State Minister for Health (1982-1983)
vi. Member of National Panchayat (1981-1986)
vii. Chairperson – District Panchayat (1986-1989)
10. Publications: Many articles written and published in different magazines and newspapers on contemporary political, social and development issues (on going)
11.Professional Experiences : Lecturer of Political Science, Saraswati Campus, & Tribhuwan University, 1973-1975
Head of Department Political Science
Saraswati Campus, Thamail
Law Practice as Advocate, 1973-1975
Founder Headmaster of Janajyoti High School,
12. Social Involvement & Experiences:
o General Secretary of Youth Assembly( Tanneri Sabha ), National Youth Organization organized by Democratic forces,1972
o Secretary, Central Executive of Afro-Asian Solidarity Council
under the chairmanship of late Dr. Dilli Raman Regmi, 1975-76
o Vice Chairperson, Nepal-Japan Friendship Association- 1985
o Founder & Patron of various Social & Humanitarian organization
o Founder Chairperson of various High schools and colleges
13. International Conferences, Seminars & observations:
· Participated a Seminar on Peace, Capacity Building, Negotiation Approaches & Protracted Conflict in Kroc Institution for International Studies in, University of Notre Dame, Indiana, USA for a week- April 22-29 2013.
· Attended the first Neapali Janasamparka Samiti Convention in Italy in March –April 27th to 3rd 2012.
· Attended Several conferences & interaction Program in various Nepali Janasamparka Samiti of different countries. Nepali Janasamparka samiti is a branch of Nepali Congress in Verios countries of the World.
· Awarded Friends of Liberation War Honor in Dhaka (Bangladesh) by the government of People’s Republic of Bangladesh in 15th December 2012.
· Participated in a seminar on Comparative Study of International experiences in Peace Process & & constitution making. It was also a negotiating interaction between Democratic parties and the then CPN (Maoist) on contentious issues of peace process & Constitution making in Steckborn, Switzerland Feb.11-17th2011
· Attended Boston Negotiation & State-Building Program for Nepali Political Leaders Participated by all major Parties of Nepal, sponsored by Karuna Center for Peace Building & the Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, Tufts University in 24th June to 6th July 2010
· Conference of Asia-Pacific Political Parties in Seoul, Korea in May 22-25 2008
· Represented All major Parties of Nepal interaction Program about the ongoing Peace Process of Nepal in United Nations in July 2007
· Study on transitional justice mechanisms and Truth and Reconciliation process in Lima, Peru July 2007-
· Attended on behalf Nepali Congress in ICAPP Special Workshop 0f International
· Two Weeks long Visit for the Study on transitional justice mechanisms, Local peace committees and Truth and Reconciliation process in South Africa –July 2006
· Participated in the official visit to United Kingdom in the invitation of British Government from Jan. 24-29, 2004
· Participated in seminar on conflict resolution and peace building in multicultural societies in Motezillon, Switzerland, sponsored by Swiss Development Corporation in Feb. 11- 18, 2003
· Participated in a seminar on Political Party Reform in Asia Workshop 11 2nd about Political Party Accountability: Principles & Realities sponsored by NDI & Council of Asian Liberals& Democrats in Bangkok, Thailand, in August 12th to 16th 2003
· Visited People's Republic of China on the invitation of Central Communist Party of China on the Friendship delegation led by Party president Girija Prasad Koirala in June 1 -8, 2002
· Participated in Socialist International Council Meeting in Manila, Philippines April 15, 2002
· Attended a Workshop on Political Party Strategies to Combat Corruption Sponsored by NDI & Council of Asian Liberal & democrats-Jan 13th t0 16th in Bangkong,Thailand
· On behalf of Nepali Congress represented in 13th National Convention of Sri Lankan Freedom Party in March 2-6, 2001
· Participated in International Visitors Program sponsored by the United States Department of State in Sept. 18th to Oct.19th2001
· Participated on behalf of Nepali Congress in international conference of major political parties of Asia-Pacific ICAPP in Manila, Philippine in September 2000
· Distinguished guest in First National Conference of Nepalese working citizen in Japan in September 2000.
· Attended Conference of Socialist international as a representative of Nepali Congress with present President of Nepali Congress in Paris, France in November 1999
· Attended as Health Minister of Nepal in World Health Organization Conference in Geneva in 1996
· 89th Conference of Inter Parliamentary Union held in New Delhi (April 11 to 17, 1993)
· 90th Conference of Inter Parliamentary Union held in Canberra, Australia (Sept. 13 to 18, 1993)
· Attended General Conference on International Human Rights held in Vienna under the leadership of the then Prime Minister Girija Prasad Koirala in 1994
· Formal visit of the then Czechoslovakia as a Health Minister in 1983
· Attended as Health Minister of Nepal World Health Organization – conference held in Geneva – 1983
· International Visitor Program sponsored by U.S.A. for a month in September 1982 in different states of America
· International Conference on Education and Literacy, Sponsored by Asian-South Pacific Bureau of Adult Education in Colombo in 1980 and in Macau in 1981
14. Foreign Visits
India, Bangladesh, Japan, U.K., France, Germany, U.S.A., China, Indonesia, The Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Maldives, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland, Australia, Hong Kong, Macao